Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Twitter Saves?



It's not often that I praise Pete Wentz. (I'm not sure I ever have, actually.) For the most part, I keep my opinions of him to myself. Today, however, he's won my support by drawing attention to a cause I've set my life's ambitions towards; improving upon the situation in Africa, if even it means just giving a dollar a day. That's exactly what Pete's doing--well, sort of. After reaching a million followers on Twitter, Wentz presented with the help of Invisible Children, his own page in correlation with the website. Fans/Supporters will be able to donate $1 a day, and spread the word by tweeting and retweeting on the website. Whether you like him or not, knowing how many followers this man has, this all could be a good thing. Way to use your celebrity for good and not evil this time, Pete.

You can follow Pete Wentz @ www.twitter.com/petewentz
You can follow us too @ www.twitter.com/thebiguglyblog

1 comment:

  1. wow i never thought i'd have something good to say about him either

    ReplyDelete