Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Getting To Know You

Photobucket

Since my childhood I've hated Judy Garland. Nauseated by her performance as a busty whiny tween in the Wizard of Oz, I've avoided her films strategically. Despite my disregard for her talent, looks, and voice, I reluctantly allowed myself to watch TCM's rendition of her biography. Running from 6-8pm, "By Myself," highlighted Garland's personal life and career from start to fin. Ignorant of Garland's onstage triumphs and offstage tribulations, "By Myself," dissolved my dislike for Dorthy Gale. After viewing her bio, I realized how much of her work I'd love to see (i.e Easter Parade, A Child Is Waiting). Once a hater, now a fan. I can't wait to see Anne Hathaway as the vibrant troubled starlet in "Get Happy." Godspeed 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment