Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Angel Has Passed



Eunice Kennedy Shriver has passed away today at 88 years of age. She held that famous Kennedy name, as sister to John and Robert, but she was much more than a name. She was the founder of the Special Olympics, earning her the Presidential Freedom Award in 1984. When I had first heard of her work in my high school years, it inspired me to go out and help these children, something I was a part of for four years, and hope to get back into. She made me realize how much joy these children can bring to life. Eunice Kennedy Shriver was greatly needed in this country, and her work will continue to live on for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. God rest her soul, but this pic freaks me out. She looks like she's saying , "Mehhhhhhhh" like that penguin dude from Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHHA at the comment above. Unfortunately that was one of the more "flattering" pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete